Ashley was appointed as Head of Pendal’s Global Equities boutique in 2016 and is responsible for setting the strategy, processes and risk management for both the boutique and funds managed within it.
Ashley’s experience in the finance industry spans over 24 years, including roles in petroleum economics, global energy investment analysis and 20 years as a global equities fund manager.
Prior to this, Ashley was a shareholder, board member and managed the global equities strategy at PM Capital Ltd.
His global fund achieved strong performance over short and longer term periods and was awarded the “Best Australian Based Global Equity Manager of the Year 2015” by the Australian Fund Manager Foundation and “International Equities (Alternative Strategies) Fund of the Year 2015” by Zenith/ Professional Planners Association.
Ashley is a life member of the Friends of Cambridge University Library, the Bodleian Library Oxford University, the International Society of Petroleum Engineers and the International Association of Energy Economics.
Ashley holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Petroleum (Honours) from the University of New South Wales and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of New England (with a dual major in Financial and Economic Development of Emerging Economies). Ashley is also a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Global Equities Team
Funds managed by Ashley
Recent articles by Ashley
- Global equities: where tech investors should be looking now
- Global equities: Is it time to be fully invested?
- Why we love stock exchanges
- Why ignorance is not bliss for financials
- Global equity investors need a new mindset for the 2020s
- Seeing the bigger picture on digital media stocks
- How Pendal’s investment manager saw opportunity among unloved global consumer stocks
- Putting Facebook through the paces
- Act like you own the joint
- Following the trail of industrial robots
- Have the global tech giants passed their peak?
- European and US industrials forge ahead, Boeing’s dreams come to life, and the price of convenience
- Making money on media
- Build it, and they will come
- Global research notes: Edition II
- Global research trip notes – euro-zone emerges, flying high with Boeing and a look at pharma-bots
- Ashley Pittard – An introduction to Global Equities
Ashley PittardHead of Global Equities
Ayesha joined the Global Equities Team in 2017 after completing an internship with the company during 2016. Ayesha is responsible for global coverage of the internet retail, chemical and consumer staples industries.
Ayesha holds a Bachelor of Economics majoring in economics and finance from the University of Sydney.
Global Equities Team
Recent articles by Ayesha
Ayesha AzeemAssistant Investment Analyst
Sue joined the company in 2016 as a senior investment analyst for the Global Equities Team. She is responsible for global sector coverage of the Technology, Consumer Discretionary and Materials sectors.
Sue’s experience in the finance industry spans over 24 years, 17 of which with Morgan Stanley in Sydney, London and Hong Kong. Prior to joining Pendal, Sue was working with the Institutional Equity Division of Morgan Stanley in Sydney advising global and Australia-based investors. In 2003 Sue joined the Asian Equity team to provide investment advice to UK and European investors. After four years Sue relocated to Hong Kong to provide investment advice to global institutions investing in Asian market.